Our hotel's own Gnadenalm in winter in Obertauern
Peaceful, glorious landscapes, sporty...
With your first breath of the crisp mountain air, the alpine lifestyle of the Gnadenalm in winter will never let you out of its grip again. Our own area of mountain pastures has long since gained a well-earned reputation as a center for all winter activities that don't directly involve alpine skiing or snowboarding. The Gnadenalm is basically your gateway to a world of fun outdoor sports amid a magnificent white world of glistening snow crystals. Physical exertion at over 1300 m above sea level does wonders for your health, of course, though it will also give you a welcome mental boost thanks to a full winter program far removed from the bustling pistes found elsewhere.
Outdoor recreation at the Gnadenalm in winter
YOUR PLACE FOR WINTER SPORTS AWAY FROM THE PISTES
Our Gnadenalm boasts practically perfect snow conditions from November until May. During this time, you can be as active as you please and exploit the wealth of fun-filled recreational opportunities to the full. Furthermore, as a guest of the Lürzerhof you enjoy several exclusive advantages that are definitely not to be missed. So, head for a glorious cosmos of winter experiences at the Gnadenalm, here with us in the heart of Salzburger Land.
All Gnadenalm Activities
- Sledding and tobogganing
- Sleigh rides
- Snowshoeing and winter hikes
- Cross-country and biathlon
- Ice stock
- Ski touring
- Magical hut atmosphere and culinary journeys
Advantages for Lürzerhof Guests
- Romantic sleigh rides on carriages for 2 – 30 people at a discounted price
- Floodlit sled run: to the top of the mountain by Skidoo or on foot, then zoom back down on a sled – which you are welcome to borrow for free
- Ice rink: natural ice rink with floodlighting – free rental of equipment for "ice stock"
- Biathlon: Get to know the fascination of this sport – discounted, plus once-weekly introductory training
- Cross-country ski trail: 3 different loops, different levels of difficulty – free
- Hut evenings included in a number of Lürzerhof packages
A unique natural jewel
EXPERIENCE THE GENTLE SIDE OF WINTER.
Floodlit Sled Run
SLEDDING & TOBOGGANING ON THE Gnadenalm
Sledding in Obertauern on the Gnadenalm. Our own Gnadenalm is approximately 4 km from Wellness Hotel Lürzerhof. It is there that we have the only sled run in all of Obertauern, roughly 1.5 km long and lit up after around 5PM. Guests of the Lürzerhof are welcome to borrow racing toboggans for free. The top of the sled run takes about half an hour to reach on foot. But there's also a faster way – thanks to our Skidoo motorized sleds, you can enjoy a very comfortable ride up the mountain. In fact, the Skidoo ride is an unforgettable experience in its own right. Your sleds are towed behind on a trailer, meaning you can begin your sledding adventure back down the mountain right away.
NaturAL SLED RUN in Obertauern
- Great fun for the whole family
- Free toboggans for Lürzerhof guests to borrow
- Skidoo motorized sled: € 5 per person
- Sleds are also available to borrow for your walks with children through the beautiful winter landscapes of the Gnadenalm
EXPERIENCE NATURE COZILY WRAPPED UP IN WARM BLANKETS
You are invited to enjoy an unforgettable sleigh ride at our Gnadenalm. Experience the beautiful, pristine winter countryside and the absolute tranquility of the Gnadenalm. Your sleigh ride begins right outside Restaurant Gnadenalm, which is also where it ends. It lasts about one hour, taking you from the Vordergnadenalm to the Hintergnadenalm, where you will make a brief stop for a shot of schnapps courtesy of your carriage driver. After that, you will pass by the Johannes Waterfall before returning to the Vordergnadenalm.
USEFUL INFORMATION & TIPS
- Sleigh rides in Obertauern are an unforgettable experience for the whole family
- Selection of carriages for 2 – 24 people
- Sleigh rides possible between 11 in the morning and 10 at night
- Only for Lürzerhof guests: discounted sleigh rides at the Gnadenalm in Obertauern, just € 13 instead of € 16 per person
A sleigh ride in the dark under a starry sky is especially romantic. Perhaps you might decide to surprise your loved-ones with a magical ride on a horse-drawn sleigh at the Gnadenalm. Also available in the form of a gift voucher.
Snowshoeing at the Gnadenalm
OFF THE BEATEN TRACK THROUGH WINTER LANDSCAPES
This sport always leaves a mark. On the one hand, you will probably never forget how you set out on your own across the snowy winter countryside of Salzburger Land. On the other, those big oval footprints in the snow will reveal precisely how you decided to explore Austria's mountain world. The motions involved in snowshoeing are absolutely natural, basically no different than a conscious, vigorous walk. The major difference, of course, is that you will be able to travel across meadows and hillsides covered in a meters-deep blanket of snow. At the Lürzerhof, we will be happy to provide you with details about the most beautiful snowshoe tours in the area – the Gnadenalm is an ideal base for all hikes, whether in the flat or, better still, up the steepish mountainsides. Even some of the most famous pioneers of the Alps, who explored the region hundreds of years ago, used snowshoes to negotiate the snowy terrain – we invite you, too, to discover this healthy, gentle sport for yourself.
Guided Hikes & Equipment Rentals
A guided snowshoe hike takes about 2 hours to complete and costs € 35 per person including rental equipment. Of course, here at our Gnadenalm you are also welcome to simply rent snowshoes, then head out to explore the winter countryside on your own.
1x weekly: free guided snowshoe hike as part of our weekly activity program.